The expected results of the project are focused on further alignment of the Croatian VAT legislation with EU legislation and improvement of working processes and procedures related to the new VAT legislation.
Therefore, recommendations for legislation and organizational changes will be developed while the administrative capacity of the CTA staff will be enhanced.
The project covers the following main 6 Components:
- Further alignment of the national Croatian VAT legislation with EU legislation
- Working processes and procedures in relation to new VAT legislation improved
- Improvement of efficiency of VIES information system and procedures connected with VIES system
- Recommendations for possible organizational changes in relation to VAT changes
- Capacity of CTA in the field of VAT enhanced through targeted training for CTA officials
- Communication and education strategy for taxpayers regarding VAT changes developed
The project is of great importance for Croatia in the framework of the EU accession process. As stated during the EU accession negotiations, Croatia has to enforce its efforts in aligning tax legislation in the field of VAT, combating tax fraud and strengthening the administrative capacity despite notable progress in the past years.
Through this Twinning project, the EU assists the Croatian Tax Administration in establishing an effective and equitable tax system while fulfilling its legal obligations upon entering the EU.