The main objective of this project was improvement of internal control system in the country in order to ensure efficient managerial accountability, transparency and sound financial management of public funds in compliance with international standards and EU best practice.
The project activities were successfully implemented and the following results have been achieved:
- new Public Internal Financial Control (PIFC) Law drafted
- new manuals and guidelines for practical implementation of financial management and control (FMC) and internal audit (IA) developed
- pilot internal audits performed in three budget organizations
- new methodology for monitoring and quality checking of established system of FMC and IA developed
- trainings for the FMC staff and internal auditors from central and local level organized and attended in total by 528 participants
The project activities supported the implementation of priorities for development of PIFC set in the new PIFC Policy Paper and Action Plan 2019-2021 and Public Financial Management Reform Programme 2018-2021.
At the closing ceremony Ms Shiret ELEZI, Ph.D., Deputy Minister of Finance of the Republic of North Macedonia, Ms Paulina STANOEVA, Programme manager, Public Finance Sector, Delegation of the European Union, and H.E. Danijela BARIŠIĆ, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Croatia addressed the participants.
The Beneficiary Country Project Leader Mr Trajko SPASOVSKI, Ministry of Finance of the republic of North Macedonia and the Member State Project Leader Ms Danijela STEPIĆ, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Croatia presented the achieved project results.