The objective of this project worth 230 000 € was to contribute to the strengthening of a sound and transparent public procurement system in the Republic of Croatia, in accordance with EU standards thus reducing the potential for irregularities, fraud and corruption in public procurement procedures.
The main project results achieved are:
- comprehensive report on the most common irregularities and their prevention and suppression based on EU experiences elaborated;
- analysis of existing legislative framework carried out and recommendations for its improvement drafted;
- provided recommendations for establishment of analytical monitoring of procedures;
- developed examples of standardised tender documentation;
- elaborated training needs analysis and training programme implemented and a study visit to relevant Austrian institutions;
- preparation of visibility materials (brochures and leaflets) that will be distributed at the Conference on prevention and suppression of irregularities in public procurement procedures to be held on 19 September 2011.